Pages

Hair

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hair splitting.... hair raising ....

Curly...Straight...wavy ...

We wash it... we condition it ...
We iron it... we straighten it... we blow dry it ... we curl it...perm it... cut it...shape it....style it.......

One of the best forms of self expressions. And just plain expression...

A girl runs her hand through her hair when she sees someone she likes.
Every time a guy on a bike races me, he runs his hand through his hair without fail.

I've always been a tie-it-up, keep-it-simple kind of girl. Mainly because its so hot here.
But when I'm out and alone, its normally down, something to hide behind.
You'll know when I feel at home, when I put my hair up ...
When I felt rebellious, I colored it.
When I'm trying to impress, its definitely down, with a small glittery clip, which doesn't do much, except sit there and wink.

After my first break up (only :P ) I went and got my hair cut.
When I had to leave home (for hostel life) for the first time, I cut my hair even more.
Its a type of symbolism... Like cutting ties... breaking free...
May be as simple as letting go of something that's yours.

When I was younger, I always coveted some of my classmates' long wavy hair... though at school I was always known as the "girl with the silky straight hair". When I went to college, I couldn't stay six months before getting the next cut !

Now, for the first time in a long time, I am actually letting my hair grow.

Its not really about our hair is it :)
Not completely ...
But its the obvious part of ourselves we modify to kinda scream out our stance to the world.
The best part? You can do whatever you want, it'll listen to you.
And even if you horribly mess it up, it always grows back :D

3 comments:

Ranjith (SRGF) | A light hearted talk said...

Small but impressive. The post did have a hidden poetic charm. All the best for the contest...

Uma Anandane said...

Nicely written! .I second with Ranjith here .
All the best for the contest!

Unknown said...

imagining about reality... nice way to blunt edges...
like your way of writing. its refreshing and... whats the word.. crisp? (finger lickin...:D)
Good luck for the contest.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS